Biofleks Metrosel I.V. Perfuzyon Solution
Biofleks Metrosel I.V. Perfuzyon Solutionu represents a vital medical solution employed within the healthcare sector. This product is a creation of Osel İlaç San. Ve Tic. A.Ş. In this article, we delve into the clinical attributes, therapeutic uses, dosage guidelines, potential side effects, and the benefits of Biofleks Metrosel I.V. Perfuzyon Solutionu.
|Generic Name (Ingredient)||
500 Mg Metronidazole In Each 100 Ml Bioflex (Pvc) Bag
Assuming your emergency circumstances for this product, visit Urgent Quotation page. Besides, for any pharmaceutical questions, please ask us in the comments section.
Biofleks Metrosel contains Metronidazole, an antimicrobial agent renowned for its effectiveness against metronidazole-sensitive anaerobic bacteria. Beyond its curative attributes, it serves as a prophylactic measure in surgeries carrying a risk of anaerobic infection.
Biofleks Metrosel is a versatile tool in the healthcare arsenal, addressing the following therapeutic indications:
- Treatment of Infections: It plays a pivotal role in managing infections triggered by metronidazole-sensitive anaerobic bacteria.
- Prophylactic Use: Biofleks Metrosel serves as a preventive measure in surgical procedures with a potential risk of anaerobic infection.
Dosage and Administration
The administration of Biofleks Metrosel is a carefully tailored process, considering factors such as the patient’s age, infection severity, and the ability to take oral medication. For instance:
- Adult Dosage: In adults, it is administered intravenously in 2 or 3 equal doses of 1-1.5 g/day for treating infections caused by anaerobic bacteria.
- Pediatric Dosage: Children aged 8 weeks to 12 years receive intravenous administration in a single dose of 20 – 30 mg/kg/day, with a potential increase to 40 mg/kg/day based on infection severity.
Like any medication, Biofleks Metrosel can induce side effects, although not everyone experiences them. Reported side effects encompass:
|Gastrointestinal Discomfort||Stomach pain, bloating, gas, and changes in bowel movements.|
|Nausea||Discomfort with a tendency to vomit.|
|Coated Tongue||Development of a white layer on the tongue.|
|Dry Mouth||Difficulty in swallowing and speaking.|
|Unpleasant Taste||Metallic or bitter taste affecting food and drink preferences.|
|Headaches||Ranging from mild to severe and potentially affecting any part of the head.|
|Pruritus and Skin Rashes||Intense itching and varying skin rashes.|
|Vertigo||A sensation of imbalance and spinning.|
|Depression||Persistent low mood or loss of interest in activities.|
|Insomnia||Difficulties in falling asleep or staying asleep.|
|Drowsiness||An unusual feeling of sleepiness or fatigue.|
|Urethral Discomfort||Occasional pain in the urinary tube.|
|Darkened Urine||A potential sign of dehydration or underlying liver or kidney concerns.|
It’s imperative to highlight that if convulsions or numbness in an extremity occur, discontinuing the drug is advised. It’s noteworthy that Metrosel has demonstrated carcinogenic effects in animal studies, though its relevance in humans remains uncertain. Consequently, Metronidazole should be administered only when clinically necessary and for approved indications.
Onset of Action
The onset of action for medications akin to Biofleks Metrosel, containing Metronidazole, is typically within 1 hour following intravenous administration. However, the timeframe can vary based on individual factors, necessitating consultation with a healthcare provider for personalized insights.
Duration of Treatment
The duration of treatment with Biofleks Metrosel hinges on the specific condition under consideration. In general:
- For medical and surgical infections induced by anaerobic bacteria, the treatment course typically spans 7 days.
- In cases of severe intestinal amebiasis, the treatment duration may range from 5 to 10 days.
These are general guidelines, and the exact treatment duration depends on factors like infection severity and patient response. Adherence to healthcare provider instructions regarding Biofleks Metrosel’s duration is crucial. Notably, discontinuing the medication prematurely, even if symptoms abate, may facilitate bacterial resurgence and a return of the infection.
Biofleks Metrosel I.V. Perfuzyon Solutionu Benefits
Biofleks Metrosel I.V. Perfuzyon Solutionu, with its active ingredient Metronidazole, offers multiple advantages in the medical field:
- Effective Against Infections: It stands as an invaluable tool in treating infections caused by metronidazole-sensitive anaerobic bacteria, enhancing the management of various medical and surgical infections.
- Prophylactic Efficacy: Its prophylactic role in surgeries prone to anaerobic infections reduces the risk of postoperative complications.
- Versatility: Biofleks Metrosel’s intravenous administration accommodates patients who struggle with oral medication. Moreover, its dosage can be adapted to patient age and infection severity, ensuring treatment flexibility.
- Potential for Enhanced Outcomes: Optimal intravenous fluid therapy, exemplified by Biofleks Metrosel, improves perioperative results and aligns with established protocols tailored to individual needs.
While Biofleks Metrosel offers these benefits, its usage should occur under healthcare professional supervision to guarantee secure and efficacious treatment.
Allergic Reactions: A Potential Concern
Like many medications, Biofleks Metrosel I.V. Perfuzyon Solutionu can potentially trigger allergic reactions in some individuals. Symptoms of such reactions vary in intensity and can encompass:
|Skin Reactions||Rashes, itching, or hives.|
|Swelling||In the face, lips, or tongue.|
|Breathing Difficulty||A critical concern that demands immediate medical attention.|
|Dizziness or Fainting||Potentially serious signs.|
Management of Allergic Reactions
If you encounter signs of an allergic reaction subsequent to Biofleks Metrosel administration, prompt medical intervention is essential. Allergic reactions possess the potential to be severe and even life-threatening if not addressed immediately.
Before initiating treatment with Biofleks Metrosel, communicate any prior allergic reactions to this medication or any other drugs to your healthcare provider. This information aids in determining the most suitable treatment path tailored to your health requirements.
In conclusion, this article has unveiled a comprehensive overview of Biofleks Metrosel I.V. Perfuzyon Solutionu, encompassing its clinical attributes, therapeutic indications, dosage guidelines, potential side effects, and the advantages it brings to the medical realm. When utilizing this medication, it’s imperative to adhere to healthcare provider guidance, report any side effects, and be vigilant for potential allergic reactions. Your healthcare provider serves as a valuable resource, ensuring the safe and effective management of your health.
At a Glance
|Product Name||Biofleks Metrosel I.V. Perfuzyon Solutionu|
|Manufacturer||Osel İlaç San. Ve Tic. A.Ş.|
|Medical Application||Infections, Prophylaxis|
|Age Group||Adults, Children (8 weeks to 12 years)|
Use the form below to report an error
Please answer the questions as thoroughly and accurately as possible. Your answers will help us better understand what kind of mistakes happen, why and where they happen, and in the end the purpose is to build a better archive to guide researchers and professionals around the world.
The information on this page is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. always seek the advice for your physician or another qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Always remember to
- Ask your own doctor for medical advice.
- Names, brands, and dosage may differ between countries.
- When not feeling well, or experiencing side effects always contact your own doctor.
The truth is that when we’re sick, or worried about getting sick, the internet won’t help.
According to Wikipedia, cyberchondria is a mental disorder consisting in the desire to independently make a diagnosis based on the symptoms of diseases described on Internet sites.
Why you can't look for symptoms on the Internet
If diagnoses could be made simply from a textbook or an article on a website, we would all be doctors and treat ourselves. Nothing can replace the experience and knowledge of specially trained people. As in any field, in medicine there are unscrupulous specialists, differences of opinion, inaccurate diagnoses and incorrect test results.