Desiferol Film Coated Tablet 2000 Iu
In the world of pharmaceuticals, precision and efficacy are paramount. Desiferol Film Coated Tablet 2000 IU, a medication boasting Vitamin D3 as its active ingredient, exemplifies this commitment to excellence. Let’s embark on a journey to unravel the nuances of this vital medical agent.
|Generic Name (Ingredient)||
Vitamin D3 2000 Iu (50 Micrograms) It Contains.
Assuming your emergency circumstances for this product, visit Urgent Quotation page. Besides, for any pharmaceutical questions, please ask us in the comments section.
Each Desiferol Film Coated Tablet 2000 IU is a testament to meticulous formulation. It houses 2000 IU (50 micrograms) of Vitamin D3, sourced from sheep wool. While the active ingredient takes the lead, several excipients contribute to the tablet’s integrity. These include:
- Lactose monohydrate (sourced from cow milk)
- Microcrystalline cellulose
- Dibasic calcium phosphate anhydrous (E341)
- Sodium croscarmellose
- Colloidal silicon dioxide
- Magnesium stearate
The tablet’s coating, a blend of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, hypromellose type 2910, talc, triacetin, glycerol triacetate, and a mica-based pearlescent pigment (titanium dioxide/mica), adds a protective layer to ensure optimal delivery.
Dosage and Administration
Desiferol Film Coated Tablet 2000 IU is administered orally, where its design facilitates easy division into two equal doses. The recommended dosage hinges on the patient’s age group:
- For patients over 18 years old, prophylaxis/maintenance treatment calls for 600-1500 IU/day (15-37.5 mcg/day).
- In cases necessitating treatment for vitamin D deficiency, the prescribed dose is 7000-10,000 IU/day (175-250 mcg/day).
Crucially, your healthcare provider serves as the guiding beacon in determining the precise dosage, ensuring your treatment aligns with your unique medical needs.
While Desiferol Film Coated Tablet 2000 IU offers a wealth of benefits, certain situations call for restraint. This medication should be avoided if:
- You exhibit an allergy (hypersensitivity) to any of its constituents.
- Severe high blood pressure (hypertension) is part of your medical profile.
- Advanced arteriosclerosis is a concern.
- Active pulmonary tuberculosis (TB) is diagnosed.
- Vitamin D hypervitaminosis looms.
- Hypercalcemia or hypercalciuria are present.
- Kidney stones containing calcium pose a threat.
- You display sensitivity to calcium.
- Severe renal failure is a part of your medical history.
Desiferol Film Coated Tablet 2000 IU mandates caution in specific scenarios, including:
- Reduced physical activity levels.
- Concurrent use of benzothiadiazine derivative diuretics (water pills).
- A history of kidney dysfunction or kidney stones.
- The presence of sarcoidosis, a chronic ailment capable of affecting multiple tissues and organs.
- A diagnosis of pseudo-hypoparathyroidism, a variant of parathyroid gland insufficiency.
While the Summary of Product Characteristics for Desiferol doesn’t enumerate specific side effects, it’s vital to acknowledge the potential repercussions of excessive Vitamin D3 consumption. Hypervitaminosis D can emerge, characterized by an unwelcome buildup of calcium in the bloodstream (hypercalcemia). This condition, if left unchecked, can weaken bones and inflict harm upon the heart and kidneys.
To avert such concerns, adhering closely to your healthcare provider’s recommended dosage and administration guidelines is imperative. In the event of unusual symptoms during Desiferol consumption, promptly contacting your doctor is a prudent course of action.
While Desiferol Film Coated Tablet 2000 IU is well-tolerated, its compatibility with other medications warrants consideration. Although specific data regarding drug interactions is currently limited, it’s incumbent upon patients to communicate comprehensively with their healthcare providers. By disclosing all medications in use, be they prescription, over-the-counter, vitamins, or herbal supplements, patients empower their healthcare team to deliver the safest and most effective treatment.
Desiferol Film Coated Tablet 2000 IU, infused with the potency of Vitamin D3, embodies precision and efficacy. Its meticulous composition and multifaceted applications underscore its significance in modern healthcare. Remember, your well-being is paramount, and judicious use of medications like Desiferol paves the way to a healthier, brighter future.
Use the form below to report an error
Please answer the questions as thoroughly and accurately as possible. Your answers will help us better understand what kind of mistakes happen, why and where they happen, and in the end the purpose is to build a better archive to guide researchers and professionals around the world.
The information on this page is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. always seek the advice for your physician or another qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Always remember to
- Ask your own doctor for medical advice.
- Names, brands, and dosage may differ between countries.
- When not feeling well, or experiencing side effects always contact your own doctor.
The truth is that when we’re sick, or worried about getting sick, the internet won’t help.
According to Wikipedia, cyberchondria is a mental disorder consisting in the desire to independently make a diagnosis based on the symptoms of diseases described on Internet sites.
Why you can't look for symptoms on the Internet
If diagnoses could be made simply from a textbook or an article on a website, we would all be doctors and treat ourselves. Nothing can replace the experience and knowledge of specially trained people. As in any field, in medicine there are unscrupulous specialists, differences of opinion, inaccurate diagnoses and incorrect test results.