Avil Ointment is a topical medicinal marvel, prominently featuring phenylamine hydrogen maleate as its active ingredient. This therapeutic ointment is the go-to solution for a spectrum of skin issues marked by relentless itching, redness, and swelling. In particular, it excels in combating hives and allergic skin reactions.
|Generic Name (Ingredient)||
1 G Ointment; 12.5 Mg Of Pheniramine Hydrogen Maleate In Water / Oil Emulsion
Assuming your emergency circumstances for this product, visit Urgent Quotation page. Besides, for any pharmaceutical questions, please ask us in the comments section.
Beyond its primary active component, Avil Ointment boasts a lineup of auxiliary ingredients, including Macrogol 2000, Macrogol 400, Macrogol 35, Deionized Water, White Vaseline, and Lilac Extract. These components come together to create a robust remedy. Each package comprises 25 grams of the ointment, meticulously enclosed in aluminum tubes within cardboard boxes.
Avil Ointment finds its utility in a diverse array of scenarios, such as:
- Eczema Relief: It is an effective intervention for various forms of eczema, including the challenging neurodermatitis eczema.
- Burn Recovery: First-degree burns and sunburns receive healing and soothing care from Avil Ointment.
- Allergic Skin Alleviation: It stands as a formidable ally in mitigating numerous allergic skin reactions, particularly the tormenting hives.
- Insect Bite Relief: Avil Ointment acts swiftly to quell the swelling and itching provoked by various insect stings and bites.
- Age-Induced Itching: The ointment extends its benefits to combat the nagging itching related to skin aging.
Unless specifically directed otherwise by a healthcare professional, the recommended application involves the gentle spread of the cream in a thin layer over the afflicted skin regions. The frequency of application should align with the severity of the itch.
However, for infants aged between 4 weeks and 1 year, it is crucial to exercise caution, limiting the application to smaller skin areas. This medication should always be administered under the guidance of a prescription.
When engaging with Avil Ointment, it’s essential to observe several vital precautions:
- Allergic Sensitivities: If you are aware of an allergy to pheniramine maleate or any other constituent within Avil Ointment, its use should be avoided.
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: Pregnant individuals or those in the breastfeeding phase must seek consultation with a healthcare provider before commencing Avil Ointment.
- Children: For infants aged between 4 weeks and 1 year, the application should be reserved for localized treatment, with a prior consultation with a healthcare provider.
- Interactions with Other Medications: If you are concurrently taking other medications, particularly those known to induce drowsiness, it is prudent to engage in a discussion with your healthcare provider before initiating Avil Ointment.
- Long-Term Usage: Avil Ointment is best reserved for short-term use, unless otherwise prescribed by a healthcare provider.
Adhering to the guidance of your healthcare provider is paramount during the use of Avil Ointment. In the event of adverse reactions, discontinuation of the ointment is advised, followed by prompt medical attention.
Avil Ointment is categorized as Category C for pregnancy. This classification signifies its use should be justified only if the potential benefits outweigh potential risks to the developing fetus, as determined by your healthcare provider.
Avil Ointment for Babies
While Avil Ointment is a viable option for addressing infant concerns, it’s imperative to restrain its application to smaller areas of the baby’s skin for treatment. Always consult with a healthcare provider before introducing any medication to an infant’s regimen.
The spectrum of potential side effects associated with Avil Ointment includes:
- Dry Mouth
- Muscle Spasms
- Increased Body Temperature
- Respiratory Stimulation and Respiratory Paralysis
- Circulatory Collapse
- Eating Disorders
It is crucial to understand that these side effects may not manifest in every individual and can exhibit variability between persons. Should any of these side effects emerge, immediate consultation with a healthcare provider is indispensable.
The timeframe of Actions
Upon administration, the impact of Avil Ointment initiates within approximately 30 minutes and endures for a duration of at least 6 hours. Notably, the medication achieves efficient absorption through the skin, with peak absorption occurring between 1 to 2.5 hours post-application. The therapeutic effects of Avil Ointment persist for a considerable time span, spanning 16 to 19 hours after topical administration. However, it’s vital to acknowledge that the onset of action may fluctuate contingent on diverse factors, including the condition’s severity, the area’s size under treatment, and individual patient attributes.
The recommended dosage of Avil Ointment is contingent upon the condition’s nature, its intensity, the patient’s age, weight, and the response to the initial dose. Here’s a concise breakdown:
- Adults and Children over 10 Years: A daily dosage ranging from 25 mg, repeated two to three times a day, with the possibility of an increment to 50 mg within a day.
- Children Aged 5 to 10 Years: 25 mg administered two to three times daily.
- Children Under 5 Years: Avil tablets are not advised for this age group.
This dosage delineation represents general guidelines, and the exact prescription should be determined by a healthcare provider. The unwavering advice is to adhere diligently to the healthcare provider’s instructions while utilizing Avil Ointment.
|Adults and Children over 10 Years||25 mg to 50 mg||Two to Three Times a Day|
|Children Aged 5 to 10 Years||25 mg||Two to Three Times a Day|
|Children Under 5 Years||Not Recommended||–|
Avil Ointment Benefits
Avil Ointment, generously endowed with pheniramine maleate, extends an array of advantages:
- Anti-Allergic Marvel: It stands as a potent ally in addressing allergic skin reactions, notably hives and contact dermatitis.
- Antipruritic Prowess: Avil Ointment holds the capability to alleviate itching stemming from various skin conditions, encompassing eczema and insect bites.
- Anti-Inflammatory Efficacy: It possesses the potential to reduce swelling and redness linked with skin irritations.
- Burn Relief: The ointment extends its healing grace to address first-degree burns and the discomfort of sunburns, aiding in skin soothing and inflammation reduction.
A Final Note
While Avil Ointment emerges as a beneficial therapeutic tool, it is of paramount importance to underpin its usage with the counsel of a healthcare provider. It is the trusted source for the most precise recommendations and guidance pertaining to Avil Ointment. The mentioned benefits, while substantial, should always be harnessed under the professional oversight of healthcare expertise.
Use the form below to report an error
Please answer the questions as thoroughly and accurately as possible. Your answers will help us better understand what kind of mistakes happen, why and where they happen, and in the end the purpose is to build a better archive to guide researchers and professionals around the world.
The information on this page is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. always seek the advice for your physician or another qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Always remember to
- Ask your own doctor for medical advice.
- Names, brands, and dosage may differ between countries.
- When not feeling well, or experiencing side effects always contact your own doctor.
The truth is that when we’re sick, or worried about getting sick, the internet won’t help.
According to Wikipedia, cyberchondria is a mental disorder consisting in the desire to independently make a diagnosis based on the symptoms of diseases described on Internet sites.
Why you can't look for symptoms on the Internet
If diagnoses could be made simply from a textbook or an article on a website, we would all be doctors and treat ourselves. Nothing can replace the experience and knowledge of specially trained people. As in any field, in medicine there are unscrupulous specialists, differences of opinion, inaccurate diagnoses and incorrect test results.